Tuesday 31 May 2011

Melancholy and The Angels...


As you may have guessed by now, there is at times, a little more to this blog than what I/We are up to in the world of Paradise Heights.  I feel safe enough to let out the some of the intensely personal feelings and moods that sometimes swallow me whole.  I got to bed around 2.30 this morning, tossed and turned and managed to get off to sleep but awoke at 5.30 this morning with an overwhelming feeling of melancholy. 


It could be overspill from the rehearsals for RANK (I'm acting in it this time) and rehearsals are going extremely well, I'm sharing most of my scenes with the Power House that is JENI HOWARTH WILLIAMS and I'm having the time of my life.  But the play is changing, morphing into something else and the emotional intensity around it is really quite over powering...seeing my friend CLYVE BONELLE in this role before me has been a HUGE HELP and he has defintely carved out the path for me to follow - his presence around us is missed but HUGELY FELT, I've already said he was Giant in that role and that I won't let him, the cast, myself or the audience down.  If you've seen the play before then if you come this time you will see how words on a page are merely clay until an actor gets hold of them...Clyve's art is different to mine - as would any other actors be different to ours, and that is the joy of Theatre.  This is growing, maturing into something that I think will be really quite spectacular and if you are coming you are really, really in for a ride - a real roller coaster ride through Paradise Heights on Halloween - riding on the backs of broken winged Angels that are still haunting the streets there. One is walking the streets and the other runs her business that sends cars onto the streets...the play is alive again, crackling, vibrant, tense and yes, beautiful...from me it was just words on a page, it's the actors that are creating this now and it's flying...I'm really not over selling it when I say you will see something special.  




My recent past is going to catch up with me a little today, I'm crossing a bridge, at least I think it is today - an old life is closing and a new one awaits, that does not make leaving the old life any less painful, so yes I'm going to feel that Melancholy, embrace it, THANK YOU FOR THE DAYS will spell that one out, but in turn a new life awaits...so after today it's on with the new...and I really can't wait, look hard enough and there is always an Angel looking out for you.

No apologies, heart on my sleeve as usual and I wouldn't shift it - the longer it's there the more I will feel...the more I feel the more ALIVE I am. 

Better book those tickets! 
http://www.digitfest.co.uk/calendar/137/47-Rank-A-Tale-From-Paradise-Heights/

Come and join us on the 12th June at The Lowry and have an experience you will never forget...it would be lovely to see you there.

Joe xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strawberry Jack

Strawberry Jack
Designed by Joe O'Byrne