Sunday 18 September 2011

Bench's, Doormen and Cafe's...

Hi all


I hope you're all well, a short update to let you know what's going down in The Heights...


THE BENCH hits The Octagon Theatre, Bill Naughton Studio on the 29th and 30th of this month.  I'm absolutley delighted that I've finally got in the doors of The Octagon, my home towns premiere theatre, big thanks to ELIZABETH NEWMAN for that, it would obviously be fantastic if you can make it - and there are some subtle changes that have improved the show. 



Due to some cast members being overwhelmingly busy STRAWBERRY JACK has been put back twice from this month and October, I'm still awaiting confirmation to get us into The Robert Powell to premiere this Doorman's Tale from Paradise Heights in late November.  I am also on the lookout for venues to host the play in December as well, so if you know of a venue that would be interested give me a shout or post on here.  


Poseter Design by DARREN McGINN

Not one to let the grass grow I am also still beavering away on the latest script DIANE's DELI - set in Paradise Heights where this cafe is ran by a quiet, play writing Irish man who's already upside down world is about to be further shaken - some existing characters will of course be seen in the cafe, I'll keep you posted.

And finally I can now sypathise and empathise with those who live life on a daily basis, looking perfectly normal on the outside but suffering - I have managed to seriously damage my left shoulder.  Did this some ten weeks back.  The NHS are next to useless - still don't really know what it is but the pain is incredible, relentless and working 24 hour shifts to keep me awake.  I feel like I have a gremlin on my shoulder plunging a knife repeatedly through my shoulder blade - maybe someone out there has an effigy?  Yes, it's a huge distraction - but shouldering and soldiering on - it will be another 12 weeks before the NHS make their mind up whether I need surgery or not...there - a problem shared...still smiling though :) 

THE WATCHER

As the film is set on Halloween we'll be looking for venues to show the film that night...a fingers on the pulse film...written in April, shot in May that turned out to be something of a prophecy in certain circles after certain incidents nationwide during August...


So if you're coming to The Octagon book those tickets fast, it's already selling quite well, you can book yuor tickets here...


Be well and catch you on the next update, to keep up to date with updates click the  'FOLLOW' button in the blog.

Joe x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strawberry Jack

Strawberry Jack
Designed by Joe O'Byrne